About Nashville Wedding Photographer Jay Farrell:
Hi! My name is Jay Farrell, of Jay Farrell Photography, based in East Nashville. There are many wedding photographers to choose from, but here is where I am different and unique from the traditional wedding photographer. I am one of the few Nashville wedding photographers doing true documentary style wedding photography and engagement photos. Below are some key points about documentary / journalistic style wedding photography and photo samples.
-I won’t take over your special day. Or be the bossy photographer taking up the couples’ and guests’ time. I use an organic fly on the wall approach to capture the love, energy and fun that naturally happen at weddings.
-It’s about human observation and anticipating those memorable moments and expressions, then capturing it. Not huge amounts of posing, group portraits, or orchestrating photos.
-The best compliment I receive from my clients is that the moments I documented, some they didn’t see or remember it happening. And that they hardly noticed I was even there!
Interested in documentary / journalistic style wedding photographs to tell the story of your special day? View my wedding photography portfolio to see recent projects and get a feel for my creative and organic style. I also do lifestyle portrait work, business headshots, and acting / model headshots with a creative, fun approach. For pricing and packaging information, please view the pricing page or contact page.
- Rich storytelling documentary approach to Nashville wedding photography. Also offering wedding photography in Hendersonville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Lebanon, all of middle Tennessee, Bowling Green and Southern Kentucky.
- LGBT friendly, LGBT wedding photography
- Efficient work process and backup equipment. Fully insured.
- Member Historic East Nashville Merchants Association
- Member of TWESA (TN. Wedding Events Specialists Assoc.)
- Destination weddings available
Portrait and headshot:
- On location or studio available
- Knowledge of lighting and composition, and bringing out the best in each unique face. Something only a professional portrait and headshot photographer can effectively do
- Taking details and usage of the project into consideration to achieve the best results
- Utilizing importance of mood and energy in a photograph to make it a complete work