About Nashville Wedding Photographer Jay Farrell:
Hi! My name is Jay Farrell, of Jay Farrell Photography, based in East Nashville. There are many wedding photographers to choose from, but here is where I am different and unique from the traditional wedding photographer. I am one of the few Nashville wedding photographers doing true documentary style wedding photography. My engagement photos are inspired with the same style and thought process. Below are some key points about documentary / journalistic style wedding photography and photo samples.
-I won’t take over your special day. Or be the bossy photographer taking up the couples’ and guests’ time. I use an organic fly on the wall approach to capture the love, energy and fun that naturally happen at weddings.
-It’s about human observation and anticipating those memorable moments and expressions, then capturing it. Not huge amounts of posing, group portraits, or orchestrating photos.
-The best compliment I receive from my clients is that the moments I documented, some they didn’t see or remember it happening. And that they hardly noticed I was even there!
Interested in documentary / journalistic style wedding photographs to tell the story of your special day? View my wedding photography portfolio to see recent projects and get a feel for my creative and organic style. I also do lifestyle portrait work, business headshots, and acting / model headshots with a creative, fun approach. For pricing and packaging information, please view the pricing page or contact page.
- Rich storytelling documentary approach to Nashville wedding photography. Also offering wedding photography in Hendersonville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Lebanon, all of middle Tennessee, Bowling Green and Southern Kentucky.
- LGBT friendly, LGBT wedding photography
- Efficient work process and backup equipment. Fully insured.
- Member Historic East Nashville Merchants Association
- Member of TWESA (TN. Wedding Events Specialists Assoc.)
- Destination weddings available
Portrait and headshot:
- On location or studio available
- Knowledge of lighting and composition, and bringing out the best in each unique face. Something only a professional portrait and headshot photographer can effectively do
- Taking details and usage of the project into consideration to achieve the best results
- Utilizing importance of mood and energy in a photograph to make it a complete work