About Nashville Wedding Photographer Jay Farrell
Hi! I’m Jay Farrell, of Jay Farrell Photography, based in East Nashville. I am one of the few Nashville wedding photographers doing true documentary / photojournalist style wedding photography. My engagement photos have the same natural feel and thought process. Below are some key points about documentary / journalistic style wedding photography.
-I won’t take over your special day. Or be the bossy photographer taking up the couples’ and guests’ time. I use an organic fly on the wall approach to capture the love, energy and fun that naturally happen at weddings.
-It’s about human observation and anticipating those memorable moments and expressions, then capturing it. I also provide the formal group / posed portraits you want, in a relatively brief time. This benefits you because minimal time is spent away from your guests, and there’s more time for me to document the real candid fun moments that I am known for.
-The best compliment I receive from my clients is that the moments I documented, some they didn’t see or remember it happening. And that they hardly noticed I was even there!
Interested in documentary / journalistic style wedding photographs to tell the story of your special day? View my wedding photography portfolio to see recent projects and get a feel for my creative, organic style. I also do lifestyle portrait work, business headshots, and acting / model headshots with a creative, fun approach. I’d love to get to know you, and learn how I can best tell your story through my lens.
- Rich storytelling documentary approach to Nashville wedding photography. Also offering wedding photography in Hendersonville, Franklin, Murfreesboro, Lebanon, all of middle Tennessee, Bowling Green, other Kentucky and out of State.
- Cultural and LGBT / same-sex wedding photography
- Efficient work process and backup equipment. Fully insured
- Destination weddings available
Portrait and headshot
- On location or studio available
- Knowledge of lighting and composition, and bringing out the best in each unique face. Something only a professional portrait and headshot photographer can effectively do
- Taking details and usage of the project into consideration to achieve the best results
- Utilizing importance of mood and energy in a photograph to make it a complete work